In a safe and sound learning environment making mistakes, thinking beyond borders, trial, fun are part of the learning process. Being assessed, being graded, being evaluated with that environment is also part of the learning process. Providing context, recognition and identification improves the learning process even further. Gameplay or gamification of the learning process is an ideal mechanism to provide an optimal learning environment and dito process.
If people experience that the result counts, they will behave differently. They will turn on modes of panic, anxiety, stress, competition that are not stimulating the right mindset to adopt and anticipate the Fundamentals of Life. The collective results of the learning process count in relation to sustainable development, a safe and sound personal learning process contributes to that.
The result should be a collective mindset that enables mutual beneficial cooperation, embracing diversity and stimulating decentralisation. Oh wait don't be afraid, you are not going to become the communist variant of Ghandi, no no no. You are just going to open up another well of competency to be successful in a sustainable manner and achieve the 17 Sustainable Development Goals
Bring game to the game
This is what would help the cultural and competency adoption of sustainable development through the use of gameplay (oeh!)
- Award personal and collective achievements
- Create an experience of personal and collective progress
- Play and break with taboes in a safe environment
- Provide recognisable and identifiable context to the learning environment
- Provide modes of cooperation and be mindful with modes of competition
- Connect the learnings process to real life assignments
- Adapt the learning process to personal capabilities
- Make results visual and visable
- Communicate about the real life impact to prive an extra sense of meaning to the learning process